Sales Manager – Luxury Boutique Hotel Opening 2018
Posted - 01 Nov 2017
Location - Highlands & Islands
Permanent | £30,000 - £40,000 per annum plus Commission and Company Benefits
A truly unique Sales Manager is required for this truly unique luxury boutique property set in an amazing coastal location with outstanding views and access to a stunningly restored links golf course. Consisting of 46 rooms and suites, quality dining, a cosy bar and intimate event spaces this is an exceptional property operating independently but with the support of an international luxury Hotel Company.
The successful Sales Manager will possess an excellent sense of service and an understanding of the expectations of the guests as well as a thorough knowledge of Scotland and its heritage.
Reporting directly to the General Manager, they will be a steward of the Company philosophy and is ultimately charged with developing the pre-opening and annual sales strategy, plan and manage its implementation in order to maximize the Hotel revenue, observing the market in order to identify the trends and maintain the Hotel status as a boutique golf hotel offering exceptional service. The candidate will be an exceptional communicator and relationship-builder, able to work with a degree of autonomy and initiative, who can inspire and engage staff as well as foster solid and professional relationships with all stakeholders.
The following are some of the key requirements of the Sales Manager;
- Coordinate the pre-opening Sales Strategy for the property, together with the General Manager and Operations Director of the Company
- Set clear revenue targets and plan the strategy to achieve these goals
- Provide direction and take responsibility for the Hotel’s Sales strategy, ensuring that all revenue and profitability targets are achieved, in line with expectations and liaising daily with the GM on Sales issues
- Set annual revenue targets for the Hotel, based on a clear understanding of the market while driving alternatives when necessary
- Proactively manage a pre-determined number of key accounts/key prospects and other active accounts to ensure maximum yield in line with budgetary objectives. Maintain valid call objectives and relevant action plans for each key account/key prospect and ensure all follow up is executed in a timely manner
- Conducts performance appraisals for all direct reports, ensuring that pre-agreed objectives are achieved. Where required, identify appropriate development actions and be a mentor who promotes growth and development
- Together with the Restaurant & Bar Manager, drive revenues & business development in the Food & Beverage outlets
- Proactively prospects new accounts for the Hotel worldwide and following the sales process through to convert into ‘producing’ accounts
- This person must understand and be in a position to action any group and events enquiries and ensure accurate hand over and follow up
- Plan and attend relevant trade fairs as a representative of Campbell Gray Hotels, ensuring that the quality image of the Company is portrayed, and that every opportunity is taken to promote the Hotel & Golf and the Company
- Take responsibility for the understanding of the Marketing plan of the Hotel and the required budgetary guidelines, to enable empowered decisions in all rate negotiations
- Ensure property rates sheets are accurate at all times
- Take responsibility for the compilation and execution of quarterly Sales action plans as agreed with the General Manager
Specific Job Skills, Knowledge and Abilities Required Include:
- Must be proficient in writing (including reports), speaking and negotiating in English
- Courteous & efficient with impeccable standards of personal presentation
- Excellent organizational/administrative skills with office management experience
- Ability to prioritize tasks & to manage workload using own initiative
- Ability to multi-task & work under pressure
- Ability to manage budgets
- Previous experience in a similar position
- Ability to lead strategic process discussions and possess a problem-solving approach
- Ability to adjust to different cultural requirements and foster diversity
- Ability to inspire confidence & gain credibility with senior management
- Ability to maintain complete confidentiality at all times
- High degree of personal loyalty & integrity
- Enjoy travelling
- Team player – with a sense of humour!
This is the perfect role for an ambitious hospitality sales professional looking to make their mark in the luxury sector. The company are flexible on location, within the Central Belt of Scotland, and fully supportive of the successful candidate being able to work from home on the condition there are at least 4 scheduled visits / one per quarter with flexibility for additional site visits as the business requires.
Only candidates eligible to live and work in the UK will be considered.
pHReedom HR Ltd is operating as a Recruitment Partner by exclusive agreement with the Client in this instance.
If you are unable to find a vacancy that appeals to you just now but think you would like to work in partnership with us to secure your next role then we invite you to register your details here.
We will then notify you of any potential vacancies that we believe you might be interested in when they are placed with us.
Let your career fly with pHReedom
If you are interested in this position or require any further information please don't hesitate to call us
Telephone 01764 654994
pHReedom HR Ltd
25 King Street